Sucrosomal iron in drops for children up to 3 years of age. SiderAL® Drops, like all formulations in the SiderAL® family, uses sucrosomal technology to transport and deliver iron to the body. SiderAL© DROPS WHAT IS IRON GOOD FOR?
- Iron is a trace element essential for the human body.
It is involved in many vital functions such as the transport of oxygen from the lungs to the tissues and organs of the body, as well as the functioning of the brain and the immune system. In children in particular, its deficiency has been associated with an adverse effect on behavior and psychomotor and cognitive development.
- Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency and is responsible for the most common form of anemia, iron deficiency anemia.
It mainly affects women of childbearing age due to increased blood loss during menstruation, but also children who have increased needs due to growth.
- According to a study conducted in Greece…
In a study involving about 3,000 children, 17% of children aged 6 months to 16 years had iron deficiency with or without anemia, while in obese children and children under 2 years of age the percentage was 30% and 50% respectively.
- Iron deficiency is treated with oral iron supplements.
However, these are often accompanied by adverse effects from the gastrointestinal tract and difficulties in administration (e.g. interaction with food, ingestion on an empty stomach, metallic taste).
WHY IS IT USEFUL? Treating iron deficiency in children up to 3 years of age is easier. SiderAL® Drops thanks to sucrosomal technology offers significant benefits:
- It significantly increases the absorption of iron
- Protects against the occurrence of adverse effects such as metallic taste, stomach pain, black stools, constipation, etc.
- It has easy administration and pleasant taste.
WHAT ARE ITS INGREDIENTS? SiderAL® Drops, like all formulations in the SiderAL® family, uses sucrosomal technology to transport and deliver iron to the body. Reconstitution
- Open the bottle. ATTENTION: do not throw away the lid
- Empty the contents of the sachet into the bottle.
- Put the cap on the bottle (do not use the dropper),
- close it tightly and leave it for one minute.
- Shake the bottle vigorously.
After reconstitution, keep in the refrigerator for one month. Sources Antoniadou-Koumatou I, Panagiotopoulos T, Attilakos A, eds. Child health monitoring in primary health care. Athens: Institute of Child Health. Institute of Child Health Research, Athens Institute of Child Health 2015 (ygeiapaidiou-ich.gr). The double burden of obesity and iron deficiency on children and adolescents in Greece: the Healthy Growth Study, J Hum Nutr Diet. 26, 470-478 (doi:10.1111/jhn.12025) Pharmaceuticals 2018, 11, 97; doi:10.3390/ph11040097 SiderAL® Drops Product Information Sheet No. No. EOF: 114649/09-11-2018 (The EOF notification number does not constitute a marketing authorisation from the EOF). Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet. This product is not intended for the prevention, treatment or cure of human disease. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, on medication or have health problems. Keep out of the reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily recommended dosage.